Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rag Rug / Upcylcing

 I finally had a chance to crochet another rag rug.  I've been ripping sheets, sporadically, this past week.  I finally had what I needed to start working on my project.  This time, I wanted to try my hand at a half circle (half oval?) rug that could be used against a door or in front of the sink.  I didn't know where to start, so I practiced with some yarn and a small crochet hook, then I dove in and started the real deal.  It came out nicely.  I learned a few things as I went.  The straight edge is a little curved, but I think I know how to fix that, the next time.  I really liked the way it looked in my kitchen, and the way it felt under my feet, so I decided to keep this one for myself. 

Take a look at the new tabs at the top of the page.  There's an Upcycle/Recycle tab.  This morning I posted my first post to this page.  Eventually, I hope to have posts for each tab. 
 

2 comments:

Little Penpen said... [Reply to comment]

Love this rug... the colors are so nice. So many rag rugs are so wild in color.. love this!

Needlin' on the Ridge said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you, Pen Pen! I've been trying to save coordinating colors then rip and crochet them up.