Monday, July 18, 2011

Circular Knitting Needle Case

Last year, I saw someone with one of these circular knitting needles cases, and I had to make one, or two, or three. I'd never seen a knitting needle case that folded up to look like a slice of pie.  I made three of them. I kept one for myself and gave the other two away.  It was a fun project.  I knew I'd be making more of them in the future.

The last week or so, I've been working on making more needle organizers.  I pread this project out over several days.  One day, I  picked fabrics from my stash.  The next time I worked on them, I cut the material.  Another day, I pinned them together and tried to remember how I sewed them when I made them the first time.  Finally, it was time to sew.  Mission accomplished.  Six organizers are complete.  I have more cut, but I'll sew them up another day. 

Yesterday, I decided to try to make a couple of photo prop nests/cocoons out of some yarn I had in stock. Here's what I came up with.  There are two sizes.  One for preemies/smaller babies, and a larger one for babies up to approximately nine pounds.  They're soft, cuddly and have many opportunities for those little fingers and/or toes to poke through the openings.  I love the basket weave look.  Now, all I need is a baby.  :-)


What would you like to see on this blog?  Do you have something you'd like to recycle, but you don't know what to do?  Is there a project you'd like to tackle, but you don't know where to begin?  Post a comment, and let us know what you're thinking.  We can work together. 

Have a great day!

0 comments: